Phenolic Resin Thermoplastic Novolac Resin SL-1801 In Adhesive
Thermoplastic Novolac Resin
CAS NO.: 9003-35-4
EINECS No.: 500-005-2
Chemical Name: 【C8H8O2】n
1. A thermoplastic p-t-Octyl phenol-formaldehyde resin.
2. A solvent-soluble resin
3. A thermoplastic novolac resin with excellent properties of enhancing tackiness of rubbers
Technical Data Sheet
Phenolic Resin, Thermoplastic Novolac Resin
Phenolic Resin SL-1801 is a thermoplastic p-t-Octyl phenol-formaldehyde resin.
Phenol formaldehyde resins (PF) or phenolic resins are synthetic polymers obtained by the reaction of phenol or substituted phenol with formaldehyde. Used as the basis for Bakelite, PFs were the first commercial synthetic resins (plastics). They have been widely used for the production of molded products including billiard balls, laboratory countertops, and as coatings and adhesives.
1) SL-1801 is a thermoplastic novolac resin with excellent properties of enhancing tackiness of
rubbers. This resin can be used in all kinds of rubber articles requiring high tack in between
green rubber plies, especially in synthetic rubbers. For example, in the production of tires,
rubber compounds containing larger proportion of synthetic rubber should require high tack to
avoid the plies separation and formation of bubbles during the building of green tire. SL-1801
can provide good tack in this building process.
2) SL-1801 has a good compatibility with all kinds of synthetic rubbers as well as processing oils.
Therefore, it is suitable for tire building and other rubber articles which need good tack between
3) SL-1801 is a solvent-soluble resin. This product is supplied in the form of pastilles without dust
generation and therefore, much favored in the automatic weighing system. This resin can be
easily mixed into rubber compounds and no contamination to equipment and workplace can be
4) The recommended dosage of SL-1801 should be 3-8phr.
Packing and Storage:
1. Packing: 25kg / bag. load with pallet or without pallet.
2. Storage: Kept in a low temperature, dry and ventilated place, avoid direct sunlight.
3. Shelf life: One year in ventilating, cool and dry area.